Wednesday, February 17, 2016

40K Friday on Wednesday: Dropzone Commander

The miniature rampage continues ...



I've been interested in this game for a long time and I finally broke down and bought the starter set for my birthday. I am hoping it's the long-awaited replacement for our much-loved Epic games of 20+ years ago.  It certainly feels like it reading the rules and looking at the cardstock modern-type buildings.


It is 10mm scale, and not the 6mm of Epic but it's close enough. Alternating activation, infantry and vehicles in squadron type formations, the aforementioned cardstock city terrain - it feels very much like the old days but with modern rules, modern mini's (multipart plastic kits for many), and a new universe to explore.



I also have to say that it has one of the most amazing starter sets I have ever seen - two decent-sized armies, a nice set of terrain, maps/posters, a full rulebook, a generous set of reference sheets and quick start guides, dice, and even a tape measure! It's a stellar value and I will likely end up with a second just because it's such a great deal.



No I haven't played a game yet but I am painting and building the minis this week and hopefully we can get a game in this weekend. Followups next week!

1 comment:

thekelvingreen said...

I adore Epic -- second edition Space Marine is my favourite wargame by far -- so I've been eyeing up Dropzone Commander for a while now. I have managed to avoid buying the starter set so far, but I don't know how long I can hold out.